Phone: (714) 232-8669
This trip appears to be full! If you have questions about if you are already registered contact us right away at email@example.com! Or, join our WAITING LIST by filling out the form below.
Welcome to the Application for an upcoming service trip. We look forward to traveling with you!
*** Orientation - A formal orientation will be held some months prior to each trip and is conducted by Zoom. Your orientation will require a three-hour commitment.
Unlike most of our group trips which can be easily adjusted to health and fitness considerations, this trip largely takes place at 11,000 feet and is challenging by nature. For your own safety and the safety of the group, we are asking each potential participant to make an honest assessment of their own fitness and wellness prior to applying. Please carefully consider:
• If you have any condition that makes it difficult for you to walk on uneven surfaces, up and down stairs, or distances of at least a mile;• If you have any condition that could preclude you doing well at 11,000 feet;• If you are taking a medication, have had surgery, or are under any kind of treatment that doesn’t agree with strenuous travel or altitude;• If you are under a doctor’s care and it is inadvisable for you be in a remote location without advanced medical treatment nearby; • If you have a history of doing poorly at altitude.• If your doctor disallows your use of Diamox or a replacement medication for altitude which will be required for your participation.
If you answered “yes” to one or more of the above, we would be concerned for your health and well-being and suggest that you may need to you consider another group experience that is a better fit for your needs at this time. If you are not sure if a health or fitness concern should preclude you applying, please feel free to call Leslie to discuss: (951) 733-2588.
Medical conditions: Medical treatment may not be available near work sites, so it is important to list special medical conditions that apply. Certain vaccinations are required for ALL participants including measles/mumps/rubella, polio, tetanus. Ask your physician about hepatitis A and hepatitis B.
Special Diet? Vegetarians, please note: Vegetarian fare may limited or unavailable in some locations. If you need certain foods, you may need to bring a private supply.
One swag item comes with your trip!. One Branded Shirt is required, so if you do not have one at this time, please select a style of shirt (Male- or Female-style) and size. If you have traveled with us before and already have a shirt, you may select a shirt or a different item including a Vest, Stonewash Cap or Tote (additional cost may apply).
See Details in trip description
1) Airfare. You’ll need to purchase your tickets and arrive with the group or prior if you are not traveling on the group schedule. 2) Meals not mentioned. 3) Trip Cancellation Insurance that will cover all costs, including Local Hope costs (recommended). 4) Single Room Supplement if for any reason you room alone. 5) Other Costs resulting from late arrival, personal other. 6) Specialized supplies to complete your custom project. 7) Personal other.
Your $500 deposit is integral to our planning since it is used to book hotels and transportation, purchase supplies, and to pay our caring staff who expend considerable time and effort planning a wonderful experience for you. Your deposit is therefore non-refundable if for any reason your plans should change. For these reasons, we strongly advise that you purchase trip cancellation insurance. The balance of fees are refundable as follows (See Exceptions): 100% within 91 days of travel; 50% within 61 days of travel, and 25% within 31 days of travel. We regret that we cannot refund monies within 30 days of travel. Exceptions: In the case of a natural disaster or travel ban imposed by the U.S. or destination country government, and/or flight cancellations due to such restrictions, our trip together will be rescheduled and we will offer you full credit toward this or a future service trip with Local Hope within two years. Thank you for your support and understanding. Please note that as a volunteer, 100% of your contribution and expenses are generally tax deductible (please consult your tax professional). A tax receipt for the full amount contributed through Local Hope is provided by January 31 of the year following your participation. We suggest you keep a copy of meal receipts and airfare which may also be fully tax deductible.
We are here to answer any questions you may have. The Local Hope office is generally open M-F 9:00-5:00, and may be closed when we are traveling internationally. We promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (714) 232-8669.
This Agreement is made today, the date of this application, by and between the Applicant and Local Hope / Xela AID Partnerships for Self Reliance (“Local Hope”) and any group ("Third Party") for which Local Hope has organized a Volunteer Service Trip.
(1) PARTICIPATION - I acknowledge that my participation is strictly voluntary, and further recognize the inherent risks associated with international travel. Accordingly, I agree to assume any and all risks relating to my participation in this Service Trip. I understand and acknowledge that my participation is in the capacity of a Volunteer and that nothing contained herein or in any additional document executed in connection herewith shall be construed to create an employer-employee partnership or joint venture relationship with Local Hope or Third Party, either now or at any time in the future. Additionally, I am advised that while traveling with Local Hope and Third Party where applicable, I am acting as an ambassador, and that inappropriate actions on my part even if well intended could inure harm to Local Hope, Third Party and other partner organizations. I thereby agree to follow the guidelines distributed during Orientation, and not to violate any law in the U.S. or abroad in connection with this Trip.
(2) APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR - Additionally I will not during said Trip: (a) Become involved in any political movement; (b) Proselytize; (c) Give nor promise funding to any individual or organization within Local Hope's service area with whom I have no connection prior and distinct from this Service Trip; (d) undertake these activities involving any member of Local Hope’s staff or a program participant should I return in the future; or (e) Harass or demean or make unwanted sexual advances on any fellow team member or anyone I come in contact with for the duration of the Volunteer experience.
(3) APPROPRIATE BOUNDARIES - Should I be asked for money or passage to the United States, I will report this immediately to a Trip Leader. Should I wish to help an individual or group I have met while on this Service Trip, I will work through the well-established and managed program structure of the Local Hope organization.
(4) ORIENTATION - I agree to attend the mandatory Orientation and understand that it is a requirement of participation in this Service Trip.
(5) HOLD HARMLESS - Additionally, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Local Hope and, if any, Third Party directors, agents, employees and staff from and against any and all costs, liability, demands, claims, damage and expenses of any nature or any kind incurred in connection with my participation as a Volunteer. I understand that this Release of Liability and Service Trip Participation Agreement is in consideration for allowing me to travel and volunteer in Guatemala in connection with said Service Trip and but for said Release, I would not be allowed to participate.
Local Hope Guatemala, also known as Xela AID Partnerships for Self Reliance, is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation, EIN #45-3658025. All or part of your contributions may be tax deductible.
ALL MAILLocal Hope-Xela AID16585 Pacific Coast Hwy #1194Sunset Beach, CA 90742
DIRECTIONSBy Appointment16585 Pacific Coast HighwayPCH at 20th Street, 2nd Floor
Phone: (714) 232-8669
Follow us. Don't miss important updates in future.