Welcome to Xela AID, Local Hope’s Headquarters in Guatemala. Looking for a comfortable location in the San Martín Sacatepéquez region of the Guatemalan Highlands to introduce your service group to Mayan culture, to hold an event, or for stays of one or more nights? We’d invite you to make us your home away from home!
Here we introduce you to our in-country hospitality offerings, including Banquet Services, Tours and Classes, or accommodations in our Eco-Lodge opening soon in San Martín Chiquito. For additional information in English and pricing, contact Leslie (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call (951) 733-2588.
For Groups of 10 or More:
Looking for an authentic cultural food experience in the San Martín Sacatepequez region of the Guatemalan highlands? Our banquet services cater to international service groups of 10 or more and national visitors alike, offering an authentic Guatemalan menu and ambiance. Our gourmet chef will provide delicious, high-quality food and beverage made from quality ingredients sourced locally and prepared under the strictest of health standards. We will cater your group as you serve in the region, or we’ll cater your special occasion — the end of a service trip, a birthday, anniversary, quinseñera or any other type of group event. Our Guatemalan menu offers three choices each for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Coming Soon: See our MENU
Tours and Classes
For Individuals or Groups:
• Tour Top Tourist Destination - Enjoy our expert tour of Laguna Chicabal, a nature preserve and year-round location of worship central to the Creation Story of the Mám Maya.
• Prepare Guatemalan Fare – Learn delicious, traditional recipes and enjoy your meal. All ingredients are sourced fresh from local markets.
• Learn to Weave –Enjoy an introduction to the ancient art of backstrap weaving from a local Master Weaver, and take your weaving home!
• Build a Chicken Coop – Eggs are a coveted source of protein! Construct and deliver a chicken coop to a family in need, complete with chicks. It will touch your heart.
• Custom Experience – Do you have a special experience in mind for your group? We’d love to hear from you.
Coming Soon: See Highlights from Chicabal
Eco-Lodge (Opening Soon!)
Our Eco-Lodge@Xela AID featuring solar power, water-harvesting, and the region's first biodigester for on-site waste managment, will be opening in 2021. Please consider us for comfortable lodging and expertly prepared meals for your group for meetings and conferences, or during overnight service trips or day trips to “El Area Mám,” the Mám-speaking area of Guatemala. We’ll have more information available soon.
Coming Soon: See a Virtual Tour of The Eco-Lodge@Xela AID