Support Critical Health Care
“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane.”
— Martin Luther King, Jr.
YOU’LL ENSURE CRITICALLY NEEDED HEALTH CARE FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES WHEN YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF LOCAL HOPE’S “A-TEAM”
A child who is sick and suffering can’t study or learn. An ailing parent can’t provide for their family. In the Guatemalan highlands, 80 percent of residents lack consistent access to clean water and medical care. Many suffer from illnesses left untreated—many of which could have been prevented. Guatemala has the highest infant mortality rate in the Americas, with 25 in a thousand children perishing before their first birthday. In rural areas, that rate doubles.
Ensuring access to quality health care is central to Local Hope’s mission “to empower families and communities to be healthy, educated and self-reliant.” Local Hope’s Xela AID Clinic provides underserved children and families in the Guatemalan highlands with high-quality health care that they otherwise could not access. And with our new “Excellence in Rural Health Care” Initiative, X-ray and other diagnostics capability and expertise that have been unavailable in the region will be available for the first time!
As an “A-Team” Member you’ll be an innovator—part of a new model of excellence in health care in rural communities. Your contribution will support:
- Qualified medical, dental and specialty health professionals
- Medicines and daily medical supplies used at our Local Hope Xela AID Clinic such as those used to support biannual exams and treatment for vulnerable children, treatment of common illnesses, family planning, PPE and more
- Birthing Supplies for midwives who still deliver 70% of the children in the region, and
- In-Home Water Filters to stop infection at its source
- Public outreach programs like deworming children and educating the community about measures to minimize the impact of the COVID pandemic.
Far-Reaching Community Benefit – “A-Team” Members help keep children healthy and studying, and families healthy and able-bodied so they can work and prosper in the safety of their own communities.
We invite you to become a Member, Founding Member or Benefactor!
> Members contribute $250 annually via a single annual gift or divided into monthly contributions ($21 per month) or more.
> Ambassadors contribute $100 per month/$1200 annually or more.
> Benefactors contribute $200 per month/$2400 annually or more.
Contributions specifically support Local Hope’s Health Care Excellence initiatives described here. (See our “Benefits of Membership” listed below.)
Yes I want to help ensure quality health care for children and families by joining at the following level!
Please select donor level and frequency to check out
(You may cancel at any time)
BENEFITS OF A-TEAM MEMBERSHIP
Most importantly, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a significant, positive impact on the health of children, families in the Guatemalan highlands. Thank you! As a token of our appreciation, we also offer the following:
- New Member Premium: Make your first annual contribution and receive an A-Team mouse pad to thank you and remind you daily of the positive impact you are having in the health and well-being of an entire community!
- Personal updates from our “A-Team” Support Group doctors to keep you up on the impact your support is having.
- A complimentary subscription to “News from Guatemala,” Local Hope’s online monthly e-newsletter packed full of uplifting photo and news from the field on our progress.
- 10% off one of our volunteer trips to Guatemala (after completing the minimum annual contribution).
YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL SUPPORT THESE VITAL PROGRAMS
- Health and Mental Health Care Operations - Provide high-quality medical, dental, vision and mental health care for marginalized children and families in the San Martín Sacatepequez region.
- Happy Families – Individual and group counseling, and ongoing training for young children, addressing fears and frustrations peacefully and constructively.
- Family Planning and Safe Births – Support families with safe and effective tools to plan their family. Support local midwives with training, supplies and medical support when necessary
- Healthy Kids – Biannual checkups and treatments to rid children of parasites which rob them of the nutrition provided by foods, cause infections, and can cause or exacerbate malnutrition. If left untreated this chronic condition can be life-threatening.
(You may cancel at any time)
Questions? - For questions or to learn more about how to join the A-Team and become a valued "A-Team" Member, you may contact Local Hope’s Committee to Model Excellence in Health Care Member Dr. Steve Kent.
Want to Do More to Guarantee Health Care Excellence? - Any Health Care Professional who may be interested in joining our Committee to Model Excellence in Rural Health Care may contact our Chair Dr. James Bruce who will get back to you to discuss this opportunity.
THANK YOU - We are grateful to all of our supporters, and especially recognize our current Benefactors and Ambassadors:
Benefactors: • Dr. Frank Long • Dr. Jim and Debbie Bruce • Mel and Leslie Dinkel
Ambassadors: • Dr. Steve Kent • Cheryl Carter
We at Local Hope are grateful to every “A-Team” Member for supporting health care initiatives which are vital to Local Hope’s mission “to empower families and communities to be healthy, educated, and self-reliant.
Benefits apply to the Member. Local Hope Guatemala, also known as Xela AID Partnerships for Self Reliance, is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation, EIN #45-3658025. All or part of your contributions may be tax-deductible.